Monday, February 3, 2014

~First Kiss Virgin

             Parents. I really do love mine. They encourage me in every way possible, from music, to sports, to school, and even when I'm with friends. They're very open to most things... except dating. Now, I'm a girl, a teenage girl. I love them, but I'm fourteen. I was just talking with my mom this morning and apparently she officially started dating when she was thirteen. My mother's rule is that I can't date until I'm sixteen. But the funny thing is, I kind of did have a boyfriend when I was 12/13 and she was mildly okay with it. But now, even the mere mention of the fact sets her teeth on edge. 

I sympathize for her though. I guess I understand, but sometimes us teens just choose not to see what's right in front of us. Maybe my grandma should have kept a closer eye on my mom and maybe my mom felt like she wasn't always there for her in the protective way. But, life is life. I know I won't want my daughter dating until she's ninety. <3 

MTOTM

(a.k.a, my thoughts on the matter) 

We're not very old and us Young girls LOVE romance. If a guy we like reaches for our hand and holds it for two seconds, we're in love!! But, we could get into a bad relationship and possibly get hurt emotionally or worse, physically. That's why, if you're not comfortable with your daughter dating just yet, tell her about some really bad dating experiences you've had over the years. I know she'll come around. Also, we know it's not the end of the world. We just want that kind of love in our lives. Once you get into your teens, you want Prince Charming ASAP! Just listen to her talk. Her feelings are real. <3

More love than you need, 
-The Classic Teen

No comments:

Post a Comment